There are loads of options for studs. They can be metal, plastic or even glass tops. They can be applied using a gadget (comes free with a stud pack) and hammer, a gripper or even as tape.
There are four parts to each stud set. Two with prongs and two sockets.
1. Poke your first prong piece through the fabric using gadget
2. Place the socket on top of the prongs. This is the male socket.
3. Cover the socket with the gadget and lightly hammer to unite the two pieces (don't hammer too hard, particularly if your stud is glass or it will crack)
4. Repeat the steps for the second prong piece in the opposing fabric. This time the female socket will be used. Pay special attention to the surface that is facing upwards. This piece has a smoother underside and an indented upper side (face this side up).
Easy! The process with the grippers is similar but using a different tool. The tape is also a great alternative.
Just before I go, I came across these gorgeous studs from Babyville Boutique, which I'm going to have to order. Do you think that they are as cute as I do?
Happy sewing!
Phoebe xo

No comments:
Post a Comment