Monday, 11 August 2014

36 Weeks - The Nursery is Complete!

This is one of the most exciting posts for me to write. Not only because we are heading in to our last couple of weeks of pregnancy (and bub really can arrive whenever he feels like it), but also because I've been waiting to show you our baby boy's finished nursery!

Other than a custom made lampshade, the room is all set. Mr J and I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but had the finishing touches to add, which we have done since the baby shower. I am so happy with how the room has turned out and that it is finished well and truly before Marble's due date! We are planning on having Marble sleeping in his room from our first day home from the hospital (it is okay if this changes to somewhere closed to my bed though), so it was important that it was perfect.

I do need to do a special shout out to my wonderful husband, Mr J. My dream nursery wouldn't have come true without him because I definitely couldn't have done it on my own! He has been great, helping out with everything including helping with the colour scheme and even styling some of the babies room! He does have one request though - I need to add some more football features into the room. This has been harder than I first though, as football print material and even small soft footballs, are difficult to come by. But I do I have something up my sleeve, to share with you all in the coming weeks. Nevertheless, I can now go into labour, knowing that everything is perfect, tidy and clean at home.



No before we go to much further, here is what we started with. I shared these pictures with you way back in March, when our Marble was only 16 weeks along, detailed in the post: Nursery Underway. At the time, the room was just a spare room, with an empty recess for a closet, but atleast the walls and carpet were solid.


By 26 weeks along, I shared with some nursery sneak-peek pictures, detailed in the post: Nursery Sneak-Peek. But we still had a couple of things on our list before it was perfect!


And now at 36 weeks, this is how our little boy's room looks. I will link the major brands below the pictures, but if I miss anything please comment and I'll provide details. We did repurpose the chest of drawers which was originally part of the spare room. Also, with the exception of the beautiful mobile, eveything in the room that is made from fabric, was made by me! So I'll link all of the tutorials for the pieces in at the end as well :). Once bub's newborn photoshoot has been done, we also plan on hanging three canvas prints above the chest of drawers, so at the moment this wall is rather plain.

Source List:




Tutorial List:

  • Pillow Cases, Fitted Sheets and Top Sheets for Cot: Coming Soon!
  • Half Square Triangle Quilt: Coming Soon, in the meanwhile you check out the Strip Quilt
  • Basket Inserts: Available next week!


So what do you think? I am sooooo happy with this room. I can't wait to make the lamp shade and get the canvas prints, as then it will be complete. All we are waiting on now is our baby boy. I read on the decor8blog.com the other day, this beautiful quote: "We are so excited for this time in our life, to walk into the hospital as a couple and walk out as a family". It brings tears to my eyes, because it is so true!

Phoebe
xo

9 comments:

  1. That quote brings tears to my eyes too. Love the nursery. Im sure little boy Shorter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful quote :) I'm glad that it isn't just my pregnancy hormones!!

      Delete
  2. Just a few footballs around the room would be great! I love that he's got his very own bookshelf started as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that owl clock?! The quilt is great too. I'll be keeping an eye out for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, the owl clock is one of my favourite things about the room too! Hopefully, the pattern for quilt will be posted in the next week or so, with the tutorial to follow :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an awesome transformation, you should be very proud of yourselves. How exciting!! Enjoy these last few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miki, thanks so much. Like I said, I couldn't have done it without Mr J! We sure are enjoying ourselves. Not long to go now!

      Delete
  5. Great job. I just finished my nursery on a budget too.They are hard work. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bmore Bungalow! Show us some pictures if you would like? I would love to see them.

      Delete