Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Baby Shower Fun!!

Happy belated new year to each of you! I've had a lovely time over the Christmas break but I am now getting into the swing of blogging. It is an exciting time as I have some gorgeous patterns coming your way.



Today however, I wanted to mention the little bundle of joy growing in my belly! I am so excited to be able to share with you my pregnancy adventures. After visiting the doctor last week, we received confirmation that I am 6 weeks pregnant......expected date of arrival 02.09.2014. So we will be having a beautiful, spring baby. Mr J keeps asking if I feel pregnant??? Being a first time mum, I'm not quite sure what to expect....maybe I will get this 'feeling' when I hear the little heartbeat on the ultrasound next week. But we will see.

In other news, yesterday I was fortunate enough to host a baby shower for a dear friend of mine. Bub is due 06.02.2014. It was high tea for 20 ladies, themed blue and pink as the gender is a surprise!!



I handmade the little signs for the present and food table. If you look closely, there are tiny little aeroplanes, football boots and balls as well as flowers.



I wanted tablecloths to match our blue and pink theme. Not the plain old white or lace tablecloths. I also wanted patterns on the fabric that would remind someone of a baby nursery. So I came up with a little plan! I visited my local Spotlight, and on the clearance table at $6.00 per metre, were these three beautiful fabrics.


So I grabbed 2m of each fabric for tablecloths to fit tressle tables. Now that the baby shower is over, I am going to make three sets of crib sheets from the fabric! Ingenious! I will show you these crib sheets in the following weeks and upload a pattern for you to use also!

Stay tuned for next week, when I will upload my first tutorial!

Thanks for reading 

Phoebe xo

Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment