Well, I have finally managed to find a little bit of time to put together a post! We have been so busy that I haven't had a moment to open the computer. We have had one of those months.....you know the ones where there aren't any free weekends and things keep "popping up" making you busy even on week nights?? And then throw in a week where bub has a growth spurt and they are permanently attached to your breast!! Put simply, life has been busy.
Now that our calendar is clear, I can share with you our adventures! Over the past couple of weeks we went on Samuel's first holiday, he was Christened, he has started smiling (a sight which melts my heart) and has grown 5 cm longer! Our holiday was scheduled around mine and Mr J's 10 year school reunion. We packed up the car and headed north early on the Friday afternoon. Our destination was Nana's house at Woodgate Beach and then Nan and Pop's house in Bundaberg. It was a lovely weekend away. Samuel had his first trip to the beach, as well as his first dip in a swimming pool. I struggled with leaving him for the first time to attend our reunion, but in the end he was only a phonecall away!
 |
| Woodgate Beach |
 |
| First visit to the beach! |
 |
| First swim in a pool |
 |
| Meeting Great Grandma (4 generations) |
 |
| Meeting my cousin |
 |
| Meeting my Aunty E |
The idea of jumping in the car and driving five hours with a five week old baby was quite daunting initially. But a combination of staying with grandparents, travelling with Mr J and Samuel loving his car seat, made the trip a breeze. I had read some questions on forums about travelling with a baby, and overwhelmingly, the answers always said pack the number of nappies that you think you will need, and then pack even more!! So, I made sure to pack ample nappies, outfits and even socks....Sam wasn't running our of anything!
Later that week, we had our 6 week check up and needles. I definitely cried more than Samuel did. He was so brave. On the downside, my check up revealed that my who-ha is broken and surgery will most likely be the solution. It turns out that a third degree tear can be a problem but more on this later.
Lastly, the weekend just passed was our busiest yet. Our little man was Christened. The service was held on Sunday at a beautiful Anglican Church in Brisbane. When we arrived at the church, there were dogs and dog fur everywhere!! It was just like being at home! That mornings service had included the blessing of the pets. It was so lovely to have our family and friends visit and witness Uncle A and Aunty M officially introduced as Samuel's Godparents.
 |
| Us with Samuel's Godparents |
 |
| Looking beautiful in our little outfit |
 |
| The service |
 |
| Meeting my great Grandy (4 generations) |
Whilst organising the Christening, it was amazing how forthcoming people can be with their opinions on religion. A lot of people didn't understand our desire to have our little man Christened and they didn't hesitate to voice their disagreement. It was frustrating, to listen to somebody tell me I was making the wrong decision, when there are already so many stresses placed upon a first time mum! Luckily, thanks to Mr J, I am well versed in the art of selective hearing :).
So I hope you will forgive my slackness and the limited number of posts over the past couple of weeks!! Looking ahead, I am so excited to share with you our Christmas series starting on Thursday......did I hear someone say matching Christmas pyjamas???
Phoebe
xo
What a good looking family!
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos and hearing about the first few weeks. How quickly they fly!
ReplyDelete