Last week I shared the Christmas Stocking tutorial I made for myself. This week was Mr J's turn to get a Christmas Stocking! It was simple, easy and quick to throw together as I use my scrap pieces of fabric to create it.
Firstly, I downloaded the template found here. I then went about creating the pattern for the stocking. I pieced together several strips of Christmas print and ironed the seams flat. Using a ruler, I then cut several rows, at a 45 degree angle, so that all of the prints appear in the one 2" wide strip. I then took these strips and pieced them together with a couple of 2" strips of plain fabric and ironed the seams flat.
From here, my imagination kicked in! I wasn't after straight lines. So I alternated between the strips of fabric and shapes of plain fabric, to create lots of contrasting lines. The strip of white fabric across the top was needed to enable the applique to stand out. After I completed the stocking front and back, I cut out a front and back lining and pieced everything together. This was completed in the steps outlined in the Christmas Stocking Tutorial.
Using fusible webbing, I attached the applique. The binding followed, along with string of pom poms and the material hanging hook.
In hindsight, I would have like to attached a star applique on the triangular piece of red fabric. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment