We are almost at 7 months and I feel like time is whizzing by. I look back at the photos of Samuel when he was brand new and I really struggle to remember how tiny he was.
I am so happy that we took the time to make paint impressions of Sam's foot and hand, otherwise I would never remember just how little he was.
It is amazing how much Samuel is learning every day. His favourite sound is "B". He will babble bub bub bub, all day! He is also very ticklish and his laugh is the best sound in the entire world.
I posted a video of Sam's commando crawl, a couple of weeks ago and now I think we must be only days away from crawling. Just last week, he started planking and doing downward dog. He really is putting my abs to shame!!
He absolutely adores our animals. I'm not sure how they feel about Sam's increasing mobility, as he beelines for them whenever they lie down! Particularly Lucy, our Golden Retriever who recently broke her foot.
Solids are going well. Sam loves his food but I'm not sure if he has an off switch! He has liked most foods (except for Weetbix) including broccoli, zucchini, chicken soup and peanut butter. He is so funny when munching with his two front teeth! Sadly, egg hasn't been so kind and he has had a small reaction, twice.
Weight: 9.1 kg
Likes: labels, mum's earrings, silly faces, dad's funny noises, food, bath time, mum and dad's bed
Dislikes: when all the food is gone and getting changed
Favourite Toy: Mt Franklin Water Bottle (why did we bother buying toys?)
Favourite Food: Mango (Chocolate Custard is high up there though)
Some updates on the Mum front:
Samuel is fantastic at feeding now - he knows what's happening as soon as I unclip my bra! We are experiencing some frustration with on and off feeding due to distractions, but his feeds are down to 10 minutes, so the frustration isn't long lasting!
My hair continues to fall out and I am surprised that I'm not bald. What is interesting though, is that I can't notice a difference with the thickness. One thing is for sure, between me and the two dogs, our vacuum is getting a work out!
Sam's night time sleeping seems to have regressed slightly. He has always been a good sleeper, sleeping 12 hours through the night from 6 weeks old (with no night time feeds). This past week, bed time has been not as smooth, with plenty of grumbles and crying through the night. He is asleep while he is crying though, so I wonder whether it might be nightmares?
I'm not doing so well with the weight loss. Ligament, pelvic floor and nerve problems, incurred during Sam's birth, have prevented me from exercising. I tried to compensate by changing my diet, but it has still been hard.
Phoebe
xo


What a beautiful little boy and a beautiful mumma!
ReplyDeleteHe's so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBut poor Lucy!