Tuesday, 29 July 2014

35 Weeks - Babymoon!

While Mr J was in Brazil a couple of months ago, I took it upon myself to book us a little weekend away, just the two of us, for some couple time before baby arrives. The idea of a "Babymoon" has been around for quite some time and boy do I recommend it. Obviously, at 35 weeks pregnant, destinations were limited for us, but we do know some couples who have gone the full hog and spent a week in Hawaii or other tropical destinations, just a lot earlier on in the their pregnancy. I'm not sure what I would rather, but I can tell you I really appreciated the opportunity to relax as well as the time I spent with Mr J.

We spent the weekend up in Noosa, Queensland, at the Outrigger Resort and Spa. It was heavenly. We stayed in a one bedroom, self contained unit, which had the world's biggest shower!! Here are some pics of the resort.





On the drive up from Brisbane, Mr J and I chatted about how enticing the idea was to just order room service and sit watch movies. So this is what we did and we even ordered dessert!! The weather was pretty ordinary on the Saturday, but we still went for a very slow, leisurely stroll down to Hastings St, to see what all of the fuss was about. After walking in the sand, we found a little cafe, right on the edge of the beach and had coffee....we sat there for what seemed like a couple of hours! I managed to fit in some ice cream and we spent the afternoon resting! 

The view from our little cafe 
Ice-cream!

Just relaxing :)
On our last morning there, Mr J was crazy enough to set his alarm and go for a run on the treadmill and a swim in the resort pool (in the middle of winter!). I had a nice little sleep in! The plan was to check out and head over to the Eumundi Markets to have a look.....turns out they aren't operational on a Sunday. So we visited a little cafe there instead and headed home. It was such a relaxing break from everything, I wish we could do it every weekend.....

In other news, the car seat has been installed. Mr J and I gave it a pretty good try ourselves (without any arguments!) before we had Kidsafe Queensland check it. Turns out we had it in back to front! The joys of parenthood. We also got a new camera this week. It is much better than my current one and will hopefully take better pictures of Marble when he comes along. But in the meantime, it means that you will have to put up with my amateur photography whilst I learn it's functions and alike. So please be patient!



Only 5 weeks until the due date arrives!! Not long to go now at all. So next week I will show you our nursery. It is ready and all it needs now is a little baby in there and it will be complete!

Phoebe
xo

7 comments:

  1. Your baby belly is beautiful!

    Glad you guys had an awesome time on your babymoon!

    Let's fast forward the next 5 weeks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tahlia! Mr J was experimenting with the camera, there will be more pics to follow ;)

      Delete
  2. The apartment and ice-cream look amazing!

    Good luck with the bubba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I would highly recommend the Outrigger Little Hastings St if you were looking for a nice place to stay in Noosa!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend - just what you need before Marble arrives :) We're all counting down the days now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Miki! It was a perfect dose of R&R!!

      Delete
  4. We had a great time. Very relaxing, and we didn't have to worry about anything except having a good time.

    ReplyDelete