Saturday, 10 May 2014

23 Weeks: Feeling Good + Feeling Pregnant!





We are past half way!! My bump is at the small and round stage, where it is noticeable but hasn't started to affect daily activities. Marble's little kick is getting stronger and even a little predictable! He will start moving around at about 8am in the morning, almost always after I have something to eat and then again when I am lying on the couch winding down for the night. It's so sweet, distracting and exciting. Even Mr J thinks he might have felt something this morning when I put his hand on my stomach.


Apparently, Marble's hearing is now fully developed and whilst it's a little muffled, he can pretty much hear everything we do. So we have started talking to him. They say that a baby will recognise his parent's voices once born, so Mr J has been reading the nursery rhymes that Aunty M bought Marble as a gift!! It's a bit strange though, lying there with someone reading to my belly!! We have also started playing music more often.......some classical and definitely a touch of good old Jimmy Barnes :). Apparently, the music we play now will help to settle bub once he is born!!

Speaking of baby development, I came across this video while aimlessly searching YouTube the other night. It is the magic of pregnancy, from conception to birth. I struggle to fathom the brilliance of the human body and to think that this is all happening inside of me right now! Kind of gross in a creepy way but still amazing. What are your thoughts? The technology amazes me too, to be able to see the development of the baby in that much detail shows how far the medical world has advanced.

I am still having a handful of problems.....lower back pain being the worst of all. I have physiotherapy booked in next week and have started swimming at the gym. Actually, it's more of paddle than a swim as I am doing laps holding a kick board! But I notice some relief so it's worth doing and it's all worth it in the end.

We are off today to look at prams and car seats. Mr J is going to have so much fun!

Phoebe 

xo

1 comment:

  1. I am now an expert on prams... I think I preferred being blissfully unaware!

    ReplyDelete