Friday, 23 May 2014

Nursery Sneak Peek


26 weeks! Boy, time is moving along quickly now. My belly is looking a lot bigger and Marble is moving around all of the time. He definitely lets me know he is in there. It is so nice to have the little reminders that I have his company and I know that in not too long, he will be here with us loudly reminding us of his company!

Speaking of the birth, I have started thinking about impending events!! I am a little anxious, as I don't cope with pain very well but excited as well. I know Mr J will be great support. We have booked our antenatal classes for when Mr J returns but in the meantime I have started researching and reading. My monthly edition of Practical Parenting arrived in the mail through the week and I still can't decide whether it is a good idea or not to read the birthing stories!! I end up crying at the end of every one because they have a baby (I know, it's very obvious ending). Good old hormones!!


The last time I mentioned the nursery, we were thinking about clearing it out and getting a start on things. As a reminder, here's is what we started with. Well, I have some great news!! With two weeks before Mr J sets off for South America, we have finished the painting!! I am really stoked with how it has turned out.......Mr J has done a fantastic job!









The wardrobe has also been fitted out, with ample storage in mind. 



Pinterest has set my mind on fire with inspiration for how to increase the storage in the wardrobe. It will also make it look more friendly, rather than just the wire frames. I love the baskets for different sized clothes, the big storage buckets for toys and the clothing seperators are just gorgeous!! What are your thoughts?

Image Courtesy of http://simcoestreet.blogspot.com.au
Image Courtesy of http://www.kidspacestuff.com/blog
Image courtesy of http://kiddytrend.com
Image Courtesy of http://www.landofnod.com
Image Courtesy of http://andreadekker.com
Image Courtesy of VeronicasClosetVCC Etsy Store
As you can see, we only have couple of items in the nursery. The cot and the change table were a bundle we purchased after a long day looking at bedding options. We loved the sleigh look, but in store, it was the most expensive option (typical). So we came home and looked online. Good, old Ebay game up with the goods. For less than $500, we were able to purchase our big ticket items and they were brand new, with all necessary safety requirements and couriered to our door. I do have to recommend Savings for Aussies, if you are after baby furniture.

Nevertheless, we still have a shopping spree to attend too (I think I am more excited about this than Mr J)! Breastfeeding chair, lamp, manchester, nappy bag, the list is endless!! However, we can cross pram and carseat off :). After lots of researching into safety and Australian standards, we visited My Baby Warehouse. There were so many options, capsule or carseat? Convertible or versatile? We ended up ordering the Infa Kompressor Caprice Convertible Car Seat in funky orange!!

Isn't gorgeous!?! Delivery isn't until mid-July, as it is a special order, so lucky we were onto it early!


We had even more options when choosing a pram!! 3 or 4 wheeler? Foam or air tyres? Convertible travel system or plain old pram? Bassinet, capsule or suitable for newborns? Second seat adapter or single child only? Jogging or walking? In the end, we chose the Valco Rebel Q Air. It has 4 air filled tyres, suitable for newborns (no attachments necessary) and is simply a luxurious pram! It can have a second seat fitted, is compact, easy to steer and not so heavy (about 10kgs).

With plenty of organising ahead, stay tuned for our nursery reveal!!

Phoebe
xo







8 comments:

  1. The feature wall looks great! And I love the blanket hanging over the cot. Do you have a pattern for that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!! Good news, the pattern for this quilt will be uploaded in the coming weeks. It will be free for the first month!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Nursery looks great. Great job Mr J. I love the blanket too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny about crying at the end of birthing stories - you should keep a journal of all these funny little things so you can remember them later. (Although it's hard not to be moved by those stories even if you're not pregnant! It's an amazing thing.) Anyway, love the colour scheme and what you've done so far - thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikaela. It's a pleasure to share my journey! Hormones and all :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome nursery P&J!

    The storage and hanging space in the wardrobe is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tahlia! Storage space is a premium in our house, so we had to be creative!! Just you wait until you see the finished product. I can't wait to show everyone!

      Delete