Thursday, 23 April 2015

A Mucky Mat

Now that Sam has decided that he would like to feed himself, meal times are starting to look a little like this:





So, I decided that my white tiles could no longer bear the tomato paste, cheese and pasta that it was being covered in!! I headed to my local Spotlight store for fabric inspiration for a Mucky Mat!! I initially thought that raincoat fabric would be ideal, however a recent sale had seen it sell out (just my luck!!). I even saw mucky mats for sale for $39.95, but I knew I could make something better at a lower price. Then I struck gold.......tablecloth fabric (with an extra 40% off). I purchased 1.5m, took it home, hemmed the edges and now my floor stays clean!!




Best of all, when it isn't being used at meal times, Sam can play with it. At the moment it makes a funny noise, but when he grows up a little more, it'll be great to zoom around his little matchbox cars.




Do you need one of these or have you created something else?? 

Phoebe
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment