With Sam not far from being 6 months old, the excuse "I've just had a baby" is starting to wear thin when talking about my weight. Sadly, I don't think the age old "you won't put weight on while you're breast feeding" has panned out for me. But never fear, I've decided it's time to shift the "baby weight" and transition back into the healthy, proactive lifestyle I was living before my world changed into nappies, vomit and sleep deprivation.
Now I know that walking is free (we also have two dogs that need to be walked daily) but I also want to get out there, meet other mums and maybe incorporate Sam into my exercise. So I've done some research and it's amazing what is out there.
KangaWorld
- KangaTraining; An indoor cardiovascular, flexibility and strength workout. It involves floor work, standing muscular exercises and dancing, all designed to incorporate baby wearing into the workout regime.
- ReaktivKanga: Outdoor group walking using hand weights and wearing your baby.
Bubby Pilates
A workout focussing on toning, gentle strengthening and increasing flexibility plus mobility. Incorporates bub into movements using rhymes, baby sign, baby massage and parachute play.
Stroller Classes
An innovative stroller fitness class aimed at increasing cardiovascular fitness.
- Strollfit: Cardio drills, strngth training exercises and stretching are the focus of this class, whilst pushing bub in the pram.
- Strollga: A yoga-inspired class utilising the pram as a prop to enable modified yoga poses
Baby Boot camp
Outdoor, gym style, boot camp classes incorporating bub as weights and resistance.
One thing is for sure, there are no more excuses!! I'll keep you updated on my endeavours. Have you tried any other the mum and baby orientated classes? What would you recommend?
Phoebe
xo




No comments:
Post a Comment